Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Living once life..but how..!?

Over the years, our inbox were flooded with FWDs with speeches/articles of various personality from all walks of life (business executive, entrepreneurs, spiritually leaders, authors, celebrities,..) on this very topic - Life, whatz important in life? 100s-ways to lead happy life,?. with great appreciation of life, caring my past as memories, enjoying daily surprising experience as it comes, and with heavy baggage of culture/society thinking & belief, I continue my quest for better life - one with wisdom/knowledge/so called ways-to-lead-happy-life, while living a happy & exciting life...

Consistent contradiction of benefits of knowing too much vs. ignorance is bliss - its were is started. did ever gave hard thought about "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life..".? in certain ways I couldn't compile to this rules(so-to-speak). my attempt was unsuccessful - in someways or not, I had too infact sometimes we all are influenced by our emotions. its very romantic to say "live your life and dont live in results of others thinking.." but practically we trapped in thinking for living for our loved ones(parents/friends/spouse/children/..) in someways. our purpose and sense somehow doesnt go beyond. reason may be many..limit of knowledge/sense-of-understanding, whatever.. but by pursuit what we interpret and implement(half-barked) results in isolation mentally/thinking/lifestyle/intellectually from our loved ones(parents/friends) because its takes our thinking away from what they know and believed in...result is: we lead complex lifestyle & perform balancing act between what we know and what we were taught.

Someways, I envy someone with ignorance(is bliss). if you dont know what you are missing you dont miss anything. I dont claim to be intellect, but an individual who would understands the difference. unfortunate/fortunate but I cannot avoid thinking:
- Much in life are directed by things preceding me, therefore out of my control.
- Our mind will somewhat be polluted by public discourse(/superego - the division of the unconscious that is formed through the internalization of moral standards of parents and society, and that censors and restrains the ego)...
- I cannot escape your emotions and it will always interfere with my sense of truth..
- Always been a major distortion between what I know, what I will be able to communicate, and what people will then understand.
- We are ultimately subject to forces beyond us, natural selection, laws of acceleration,etc.
- What people tell you or how others view you will inevitably affect you.
- You will sometime be subject to the needs of your containing vehicles: physical body, relationships, family, house, nation, car, etc.. and because of the nature of time, everything that persists requires maintenance.

it's hard to say whether I act based upon these dirty truths. perhaps, the proper way is to live in transcendence of these rules--i.e.. to keep up with an idealistic conception of life.

It's old adage, that for every answer there are two new questions. No matter how deep we penetrate any issue, or what we do to improve ourselves, our environments, our existence, there will always be an infinite number of steps before us. The process is one that never ends... as much as I hate to admit it, I love this game-of-life and cannot help thinking that's very reason why life is more exciting, and in those ugly truths all that it is reflected our wish to let it go on and on.

but then, may be its just me.. may be because of I am currently living in land of Socrates & Plato, may be I have too much of time, may be I am very happy man unnecessary complicating less complex life or may be only ugly, banal, truth is that happiness might be boring...

1 comments:

Aprilslady said...

This SO uncanny!!!