was reading an article about IQ. IQ(Intelligence Quotient) is ratio of tested mental age to chronological age, usually expressed as a quotient multiplied by 100.
I always thought- having good IQ proves nothing and does not means success, because :
- I never to manage to score high. I loved it when E.I. book was published (wow, now I have offical study/excuse).
- Test pattern sure does have a problem since recent IQ test asked which of four fruits was different. It was the one with more than one seed; but what if you were not familiar with these fruits? Obviously this test is culturally biased. You are assumed to have certain knowledge, yet you are being tested for intelligence, not knowledge. Similar rearranging words to name places, country, ocean,etc.. clearly this would be found thru method of elimination. clearly this a test-taking-ability. so a person bound to score higher than another person of equal intelligence who hasn't learned simple techniques for scoring higher on multiple - choice tests.
- Reality: Do we know IQ for Sachin Tendulkar? who cares? Now, good example is Laloo's is new avatur. the man is doing what he doing by surrounding himself with intelligent people.
I noticed few interesting 'to-do' points from a study for better brainpower :
- Good thinking habits: Just use a problem solving technique for several weeks and it will become a habit. Redesign everything you see for a while, and that will become a habit. You can develop many good thinking habits with some effort, and then be more resourceful effortlessly from that point on. Use the power of habit. may be you would want to start with Sudoku.
- Learn a language: Learning a new language has been shown to halt the age-related decline in brain function. It also introduces your mind to new concepts and new ways of looking at things (in English we are afraid, whereas in Spanish we have fear). It is one of the best brain exercises.
- Blog: Yes, that you read correctly 'Blog'. Writing is good for your mind in a number of ways. It is a way to tell your memory what is important, so you'll recall things more easily in the future. It is a way to clarify your thinking.
- Ask questions: This is a great way to keep your brain in shape. Just get in the habit of asking questions often, even if it is only in your own mind.
- Imaginary friends: Talking to and getting advice from characters in your mind can be a great way to access the information in your subconscious mind. Imagine a conversation with a person who has a lot of knowledge in the area you want advice in.
- Talk: Talking is only good for the brain if you are actually exercising it, of course. Try explaining something that you don't understand very well to a friend, though, and you'll notice that the process of explaining will help you clarify your understanding.
- Adjust your beliefs: Believe you are smarter, and you'll become smarter.
- Model others: Find others that are creative, intelligent, or very productive. Do what they do, and think what they think. (ofcourse, take advices NOT decisions)
- Breath deep: More air in means more oxygen in the blood and therefore in the brain. Breath through your nose and you'll notice that you use your diaphragm more, drawing air deeper into your lungs. Several deep breaths can also help to relax you, which is conducive to clearer thinking.
- Sleep better: As long as you get a certain amount of sleep - probably a minimum of five hours - the quality seems to be more important than the quantity.
- Sit up straight: Posture affects your thinking process. Prove it to yourself by doing math in your head while slouching, looking at the floor and letting your mouth hang open. Then do the mental math while sitting up straight, keeping your mouth closed and looking forward or slightly upwards. You'll notice that it's easier to think with the latter posture.
- Food: Eat less, Eat breakfast, Olive oil is good, drink wine. Vitamin E, C(organe juice)