Sunday, July 01, 2007

Opera...

Last week, I went to Opera performed by Placido Domingo and Katherine Jenkins at Panathenaic Stadium. It was the venue for the first modern Olympic games in 1896 . It started 30mins late from schedule time and that's the day fire broke out in Athens due to heatwave. anyways, at 9:30pm with all fire engine noise Opera started.

I must admit this was my first live opera experience and Iam not very much opera person but I loved the experience. It was fab. I have very diverse music interest but I realize that I missed out on Operas. Its fascinating to see someone with such high controlled voice. Ofcourse, I saw few musicals but not concert.

You don’t have to be an opera lover to enjoy the voice of Placido Domingo. I read recently he celebrated 40years in Opera. I can remember him from Live8 concert back in 2005. and Katherine, speechless.. very beautiful and brilliant voice. After their performance of popular operatic duets, she couldn't resist changing into her shorts and running around the 400-metre track at the Greek capital’s historic stadium. some peaks for staying late for crowd to move, I endup seeing her interest for running as well..;¬)

Its even more fulfilling since the concert was dedicated to the MSF programs for the children victims of violence and malnutrition at the area of Darfur.

If this interested you--
Katherine Jenkins - Music Of The Night

0 comments: